23 Jul, 2011
people like your stuff
If you believe, you will achieve.
MF Kidz, Squadron
- 2010, 1st place, Between the breaks 2010 Miami
- 2011, Red Bull BC One Tampa Cypher
- 2012, 1st place, Skill O Meter, Montreal
- 2013, 1st place, Red Bull BC One Orlando Cypher
- 2014, 1st place, Peace Hip Hop Tours, Paris
- 2014, 1st place, Red Bull BC One North America Final
- 2014, 1st place Freestyle Session World Final 2014 3-on-3, Los Angeles, USA
- 2015, 1st place Hip OPsession 1-on-1, Nantes, France
- 2015, 1st place, Red Bull BC One North America Final, Orlando, USA
- 2015, 1st place, Silverback Open Championships, Philadelphia, USA
- 2015, 1st place Freestyle Session World Final 2014 1-on-1, Los Angeles, USA
Victor Montalvo, from Orlando, Florida, describes his style as fun, free, and energetic. He combines what he calls “blow-ups” and “POW” moves to create a wow factor in his dance.
Victor grew up around B-Boying and, looking up to his father who encouraged his pursuit of the art, he started dancing at the age of 11. He is inspired by both the old and new generation of B-Boys.
Victor typically executes small, planned moves to start off with, then breaks into a larger, more eventful freestyle dance for the rest of his battles.
Although Victor does not practice any other elements of Hip Hop, he wants to break into all the segments, especially popping and graffiti. Victor comes from a Mexican background, where his family supports and loves his interest in B-Boying. The Orlando scene acts as his close family as well.
Victor would love to continue to B-Boy to make a living. Right now, he works part-time at Street Breaks in Orlando. To him, a good dancer should, "be humble, always keep learning and always think like a a student. There's no room for jealousy, or ego," he says. "Just do and worry about you. Be positive."
Victor was crowned the winner of the Red Bull BC One Orlando Cypher 2013 and the winner of the Red Bull BC One North America Final 2014. He participated in two World Finals, in 2012 (Rio de Janeiro) and 2014 (Paris).
Red Bull BC One World Final Japan 2016
Nagoya, JapanMore info
08 Dec, 2012
01 Jan, 1970
15 Aug, 2014
29 Nov, 2014
17 Aug, 2013