18 Nov, 2009
people like your stuff
A spiritual thing
Crew:Red Bull BC One All Stars
Tsunami Allstars, Boogie Brats
Interests: Capoeira, music and arts
- 2006 1st Place, Inter-American Dance Competition, Buenos Aires Argentina
- 2006 1st Place, Festival Sulamericano de Danza, Asunción Paraguay
- 2006 1st Place, Meeting Hip Hop School Festival, São Paulo Brazil
- 2006 1st Place, Fera B-Boy Championship, Curitiba Brazil
- 2007 1st Place, Duelo de Titãs, São Paulo Brazil
- 2008 1st Place, Duelo de Titãs, São Paulo Brazil
- 2008 1st Place, O Duelo, São Paulo Brazil
- 2009 1st Place, Batalha do Vale, Santa Catarina Brazil
- 2009 1st Place, Meeting Hip Hop School Festival Valinhos, São Paulo Brazil
- 2010 2nd Place, R16, Korea
- 2010 1st Place, Just for Laughs Montreal –Canada
-2010 1st Place, Rock Steady Crew Anniversary
-2010 1st Place “Ultimate B-Boy Championship Las Vegas-USA
- 2010 1st Place, El Barrio B-Boy Battle New York City-USA
- 2010 1st Place, Red Bull BC One Tokyo
- 2011 1st Place, Unbreakable 2011
- 2011 1st Place, Outbreak Europe 2011
- 2012 1st Place, Floor Wars
- 2013, Participation Red Bull BC One World Final Korea 2013
- 2013, Participation IBE 2013 Break Down The House
- 2014: 1st place Freestyle Session Las Vegas with Boogie Brats
Born Fabiano Carvalho Lopes, Neguin began dancing at the age of 14 on the vibrant streets of his hometown Paraná, a Brazilian city where dance is a way of life. Starting off with freestyle and social dance, he added B-Boying to his dance vocabulary in 2003. It only took him a few years before he began scooping up wins, battling in his native Brazil and beyond.
Neguin’s approach to B-Boying is at once celebratory, psychological and aggressive. A very confident dancer, Neguin likes to look into his opponent’s eyes to communicate nonverbally that he’s going to win. He uses special strategies and tactics to outperform anyone he battles, using his own style, at every moment, in every battle. He wants his opponent to recognize that he’s battling a well-rounded B-Boy.
Neguin describes his B-Boy style as involving death-defying jumps, blitz-speed movement, unpredictability, clean execution of his arsenal and variations in each ground and power move, infused with flavor and high energy while keeping a constant rhythm. While Neguin takes physical risks, he pulls off his moves safely and effectively. He respects his fellow dancers and shares positive energy through his presence and craft. Neguin aims to have his audience experience joy, curiosity and surprise when watching him in a battle. He not only represents himself, he also dances for his crew and country. This is most important to him.
Skills and strategies have earned Neguin a vast collection of first-place titles from notable competitions spanning from Argentina to Paraguay to Brazil. Among the highlights of his B-Boy career he lists battling in both 2007 and 2008 at R16 Korea, O Duelo 2008 in Brazil, Coosh Crash Test 2008 in the USA, the Battle Of The Year 2008 in Brazil, Humanitarian Massy Battle 2009 in France, and the World B-Boy Classics in Holland. He appears on many B-Boy battle DVDs produced from these competitions as well as short movies and commercials produced in Brazil. He also toured with Madonna on her MDNA tour as a dancer.
Dancers who have had profound influence on Neguin include Ken Swift, Machine, Ivan, and K Mel. He admires K Mel because of his “free” style of dancing in every situation. B-Boy Ivan is one of Neguin’s greatest influences because of his style and constant energy.
Neguin eventually became a Capoeira instructor as well, but currently he makes a living on B-Boying. He used to work as a B-Boy teacher in a social project called “Arte nos Bairros” in São Paulo and gave dance workshops across Brazil. He has also lived in both New York City and London, teaching B-Boy classes, judging battles and performing with a London Dance company in the celebrated show called Blaze.
Among the many foundational elements of Hip Hop culture, Neguin delves into several, including graffiti, DJing and other styles of Street Dance.
Feeling blessed with support from his family as they offer positivity and encouragement, Neguin reveals, “They taught me about the good things in life: education, culture and always enjoying what I do.”
An avid follower of the Red Bull BC One One since its inception, Neguin has always dreamed of battling in this competition himself. Observing the evolution of this battle, he was very inspired by the level of talent it drew. He is very appreciative of the fact that Red Bull developed such a great event for B-Boys worldwide. Neguin reflects, “I always hoped to be part of this one day. Now I am a Red Bull Champion and Red Bull BC One All Star! No doubt this is a great time in my life!”