**Other Interests:** Go-Karts, Cars, Motocross
**Motto:** “I am the creator of my limits.”
- 1999 Best single dancer, “Battle of theYear National”, Leipzig, Germany
- 1999 1st place “Ruhrpott Battle”, Germany
- 2000 1st place “Expo Battle” (team Europe vs. team USA), Hanover, Germany
- 2000 1st place “Moves 2000”, Weil am Rhein, Switzerland
- 2001 2nd place “Total Session” (World Championships), Grenoble, France
- 2001 exhibition battle at “IBE” Rotterdam/Holland
- 2002 1st place “National Battle of the Year”, Celle, Germany
- 2003 1st place National Championships “Vibrazioni Positive” Cesena, Italy,
- 2003 1st place ”MTV Shakedown Dance Contest” Warsaw, Poland
- 2003 11st place National Championships “Trofeo JTB” Rome, Italy
- 2004 1st place National Championships “Cruisin contest” Jesolo, Italy
- 2004 1st place National Championships “B-boy Event” Bologna, Italy
- 2004 1st place National Championships “Summer battle” Berlin, Germany
- 2005 1st place National Championships “Chelles Battle Pro” Paris, France
- 2005 participation “Red Bull BC One” Berlin, Germany
- 2005 world record Most Nineties,” TV show “The Wild World Records,” London
- 2006 1st place “Born 2 The Floor 2006”, Fano, Italy
- 2006 2nd place “Ground Control”, Marseille, France
- 2006 1st place MTV Contest “TRL”, Milan, Italy
- 2006 1st place Most nineties, “UK B-boy Championship”, London, UK
- 2006 exhibition battle “Europe vs. Rock Steady Crew,” “Red Bull Break Masterz”, UK
- 2007 exhibition 2-on-2 battle (Italy vs. Korea), “Ground control” Marseille, France
- 2007 exhibition 1-on-1 battle (Italy vs. France), “Battle of Honor” Bruxelles, Belgium
- 2007 participation “Red Bull BC One” Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2008 Judge, Red Bull BC One, Paris, France
Dubbed the “Prince of Power”, Italy’s Mauro Peruzzi aka CICO specializes in power moves; the most dynamic, gymnastic moves in the B-Boy dance form. He is especially known for his energetic air flare combinations and his incredible 1990’s where he rapidly spins in a one-armed handstand. In fact, he holds the world record with 27 revolutions. CICO is one of the members of the RED BULL BC ONE ALL STARS!
CICO remembers his first time seeing power moves, “One day I caught a glimpse of something rotating in the distance. Curious of what it was, I quickly approached and was shocked with what I saw. A person was spinning like a vortex on the cold pavement. I said to myself, ‘Incredible! It's against every law of nature...he's flying!’ My hands were sweaty and my heart started to beat faster. It was as if something in that precise moment took my breath away. The want, the desire and the conviction of LEARNING HOW TO FLY!”
CICO was born in Germany in 1984 and moved back and forth between Germany and Italy until 2002. He started B-Boying in 1995 and is currently a member with the Spinkings crew. He has participated in numerous events, including RED BULL BC ONE 2005 & 2007 and has won major battles across Europe. When asked about the battles he has won, CICO half jokes, “I’m into power and a ‘power head’ can not win in a B-Boy battle!!! But I can fly like nobody else!” Career highlights for CICO include participating in IBE 2008, battling PUNISHER in the 2007 Battle of Honour and performing on various TV shows. 2009 will be his first year judging the RED BULL BC ONE.
“RED BULL BC ONE is the most famous 1 on 1 battle. For me to be selected to judge means that I have created a big name in the scene!” states CICO. He is excited to come to New York City but expresses that being a part of the RED BULL BC ONE is always a pleasure no matter where it’s held. He plans to judge on personality, originality, dancing to the music and of course, power moves!
CICO personally draws his inspiration for dance from movies featuring comic book superheroes including The X-Men, Fantastic 4, Spiderman and Daredevil but also sports like Formula One, Motocross and Freestyle ECC. He explains, “My style is to be fast!” When he is on the battlefield, he wants to be himself and look his opponent in the eyes. He enjoys engaging the audience by playing with them.
He offers these words of encouragement to all the B-Boys out there: “Be yourself! Don’t act to win. If you are yourself, you'll win, even if the judges don't pick you.”
As I dance it is as if I scream to make myself heard
and feel alive. Like a scream that
cannot escape from a small room, it transforms into
a cycle of energy, amplifying and
heightening the perception of every single part of my body.
The energy that surrounds me optimizes
all of my senses, making me faster, more compact and
makes me aware of being able to go
against every law of nature.
We are all born with a flame inside, which we find difficult to feel because evolution has made us prisoners of a reality from which
we cannot escape.
One day, unaware of what was about to happen to me,
I caught a glimpse of something rotating
in the distance. Curious of what it were, I quickly
approached and was shocked with what I saw.
A person was spinning like a vortex on the cold pavement.
My hands were sweaty and my heart started
to beat faster, it was as if something, in that precise moment,
took my breath away.
The need, the desire and the conviction of:
LEARNING HOW TO FLY
I am the only creator of my limits in a battle
between that which exists
and that which I still have to achieve.
I had to fly, beyond the most violent storms
and furthest horizons, until fatigue is no longer a weight,
loneliness a punishment,
to sacrifice myself for a dream that no one sees
I felt abandoned at the edge of the world,
surrounded with hurt and indifference. I decided to confront
myself against the best power movers in the world
in order to understand.
like a feather on canvas I painted
to get an answer
to my questions...